Thursday 4 April 2013

Easter break

I have been away visiting family over the Easter hols and we extended our stay a little which has kept me away from my computer and posting.  It has given me the rest I have needed and as I slow down with housework etc I hope to be fairly creative in the next few weeks.  I mentioned that I would be doing a fair on Good Friday which would be the last one until after baby is born.  Now that I have done that, I can start making things to welcome our little boy.  Before I begin those though, here's what I did for the fair following on from my last project.  The newest one should be posted tomorrow as i will have to charge camera battery overnight before taking pictures.


I used the faux fur instead of the velour which was much more user friendly.  I also experimented with a few other animals and tails....

 These following items were made from curtains purchased in charity shops.  I LOVE the pattern on the first bags/ aprons and am sadly coming to the end of it.  It has been perfect for the bags as it is thick and hard wearing.  I love the dense flower pattern in addition to the colour scheme.  I conceded that I may have gone a little overboard on the apron theme but with children being off for Easter for 2 weeks, I know that it can be hard to keep them occupied and the washing basket low so these are ideal.


 
Probably another familiar fabric to you by now but again, almost the last pieces to be made from these cafe curtains I bought in a charity shop.  There were 3 pieces and some areas were worn or frayed but generally, there were in good condition and also thick cotton so perfect for my projects.


No comments:

Post a Comment