Tuesday 22 September 2015

Crafts at the Cube

Worcester City centre hosts a craft market most Saturdays in the guild hall. I often peruse and usually find myself purchasing the odd item in an effort to support local crafter.  
There's a good variety of stalls including jams,  preserves and chutneys, sewn items, knitted bits, beautiful glass pieces and wood carved coasters. The wares are all very reasonably priced and I'm seriously considering doing a couple of fairs ahead of Christmas. 

My sister bought the girls some fabric mice and they have been enjoying making them mouse houses from shoe boxes- more on that when they're finished.
 They were lovely little mice and each of the children chose a mummy and baby mouse although it was difficult on deciding which to select.
They really enjoyed the craft fair and I'm really pleased since supporting crafts has to be encouraged and passed down if it is to continue in its progression. 

The next day was another opportunity to see local crafters only this time even more locally in Malvern at the Cube community centre. There was a family fun day with large inflatables, face painting, live music, children's crafts and craft/ clothes stalls. 
I didn't get a proper chance to look at the stalls unfortunately as it was threatening to rain and the children were too excited to stay still.
They loved the giant slide which was a good choice as it appealed to a broad age range while Granddad listened to the band play 'all along the watchtower' amongst some other rock classics.
I was really impressed with the face painter who was so well priced which I admit is a relief since the last few events locally have been charging  £3/4 each child which isn't feasible with 3 little ones.
The girls also painted some pebbles before we had our picnic. The cube is a great venue for lots of activities including theatre,  musical gigs and music/dance lessons. An amazing service that the cube offers is a repair cafĂ© which is a free service. I took my sewing machine to be fixed and.... It is working again!!! It was free and took 10 minutes. So, enough of this- I'm off to sew :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment