Wednesday 18 November 2015

Dresser and craft fayre

A while ago I posted about decorating my dining room and whilst I had every intention of getting it all done at once, sadly it has been slower progress and in stages.  I wallpapered about 2months ago and began painting my dresser but have only just got round to taking pictures!
It was my first attempt at wallpapering and overall I'm quite pleased.  After painting the dresser in the Annie Sloan chalk paint, I then used the wilko gloss to highlight the edges.  I'll be rearranging the dresser in a few weeks for Christmas but thought I'd show it here now in it's normal state.

On Saturday I was brave/ daft enough to visit the Malvern gift and craft fayre again.  It will be on again in 2 weeks but we are visiting family for an early Christmas gathering and so will miss the parade and turning on of the lights so I thought I'd make the effort.  I bought a few things out of sympathy for the poor stall owners- who am I kidding! I loved so much that I could have bought on every stall.
I bought a felt angel from the middle stall pictured here and I bought my sister a long overdue present from a stall not pictured here.  I did discover though that she is the sister of a friend so it felt good to be supporting her on such a wet day.  I am also hoping to commission miamia Jewels to do a family tree with 2 big birdies and 3 wee ones for my husband for Christmas. 

I haven't got much further on my Christmas present making due to a series of poorly children and now husband but hopefully this weekend I will get one finished and another part way done.  The fayre has made me feel more excited for Christmas but also pressured to get the place tidy before we're overrun with Christmas presents, tinsels and decorations.  It's the first time in 3 years I'm managing Christmas prep along with working a full time job so I may let one or two things slide a little- but it wont be the food!

No comments:

Post a Comment