Friday 22 January 2016

Delayed decor

The pictures were taken on my camera so the quality isn't great but here's my dresser.  I love the new grey although it looks blue here :s
And this is just a little collection of some of the other bits of décor in my hall and dining area.  The wooden nativity scene was bought in Krakow 9 years ago now.  I like its rustic charm and it takes pride of place in the hall to be seen by all who come into our home during the Christmas season.  Similarly, there is another nativity scene in the dining and living room and I make a tradition out of retelling the story of Jesus' birth while we set up the nativity.  The porcelain figures in the image here were given to us by my uncle and once had a wooden stable to accompany them.  I think they must be nearly 30 years old and still very pretty despite the odd broken hand.
On the right are images of some handmade bits that I made several years ago but managed to make an appearance this year in our hall.  The children made a wreath each using some sparkly foam stickers, felt sheets, and cardboard wreathes all from Baker Ross.  They looked really effective and appealed to all 3 kids (and my niece made one too).  The hanging garland on the right is probably one of my favourite quick makes- its a bit fiddly to start with but pretty in the end.  I'm hoping to make some more less Christmassy ones so will do a full tutorial post when I do.

Right, it's the middle of January so enough talk of Christmas until next November (or October!!)


No comments:

Post a Comment